Collection of Periodicals is very important for any academic library. Management of periodicals in academic libraries is one of the complex processes. Library professionals are facing so many issues in periodicals management; space, staff, computer with internet facility, finance, subscription of related subject, circulation etc.
Kerala Library Association-Kottayam Region and Mahatma Gandhi University Library, Kottayam are jointly organizing a talk and interactive session on Management of Print and E-journals in Academic Libraries at the Seminar Hall of Mahatma Gandhi University Library, Kottayam at 10:30 AM on 27 June 2018.
The following topics will be covered in the session:
• Issues in the print and e-journals acquisition
• Financial management
• Selection tools for periodicals
• How to deal with suppliers and agents
• Recording system for periodicals
• Archival of back volumes
• Furniture and equipment for periodical section
• Preparation of current periodicals list
• Document delivery services from periodical section
Sri. Unnikrishnan S.
Mahatma Gandhi University Library
Date and Time: 27 June 2018, 10:30 AM
Venue: Seminar Hall, Mahatma Gandhi University Library, Kottayam. Kerala.
No registration fee.
Contact Number: 9846496323
KLA Kottayam Regional Committee cordially invite all library
professionals to the program.